Friday, October 29, 2010

L'Artisan Parfumeur: Nuit De Tubereuse Review

Yo fumeheads,

I give you L'Artisan Parfumeur: Nuit De Tubereuse.

I won this trinket from Ms. Puckrick Smells' Summer Fragrance contest back in July. She is a sparkling gem of a reviewer! - you can watch her review on Nuit De Tubereuse here
just skip to 9:15.


What L'Artisan has to say, "Built around an absolute of tuberose, this magnificent perfume magnifies every single facet of this mysterious, ambivalent flower. The top note is delicately spicy (a hot and cold bouquet of cardamom, clove absolute, pink berries and pepper) and citrus fruits which turn to velvet beside sweet notes of tender but highly narcotic white flowers (tuberose, orange blossom and ylang-ylang). Rose takes its place in the form of essential oil and absolute to give the floral heart notes warmth and color. Mango gives it that touch of sparkle. An almost mineral vibration that emanates from tuberose root mingles with angelica in an unusual harmony. Gorse absolute strengthens its mellow but slightly tangy aspect. And its base vibrates in concert with an ensemble of rare woods ranging from sandalwood to pallissander, glazed with sensual musks and enveloping balms (benzoin, styrax)."

 

At first spray... very spicy, earthy/woodsy (dirt like), powdery, and a bit un-original.

After 10 minutes... super powdery, very mature smelling (I feel like I'm 50+ years old - not quite Elizabeth Taylor White Shoulders though... thank god), not so much spice anymore, still that dirt earth smell though, almost a little incense-y, absolutely no floral, rose is there though... a very powdery rose, still no tuberose in sight.



All in all, I don't like it. It's not my kind of scent. It's very Grandma to me. I thought the spice would stay strong throughout the perfume's life on my arm (tuberose would have been nice too, although, like I said, I smelled none), but it quickly faded into the incensed powdery rose smell that I detest.
 
 Perfume's I love:
Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Mandarine-Basilic
Marc Jacob's Daisy
Chanel's Chance
Stella McCartney's Stella
Gucci's Flora
and if anyone's familiar, Soap & Glory's Clean On Me scent - I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment